Arrival by plane
Magdeburg can be reached via the airports in Berlin, Hanover and Leipzig (Halle).
All airports are connected to the train or bus network and Magdeburg main station can be reached within approx. 2 hours.
Helpful information can be found under the following links:
Arrival by train
Train travellers reach the university via Magdeburg main station.
- leave the station via the main exit (city centre)
- buy a single ticket for the tram at the MVB ticket office on the left in front of the station entrance (tickets are also available in the tram)
- take tram line 1 or 8 in the direction of "Neustädter See" / "Lerchenwuhne" (the stop City Carré/Hauptbahnhof is located in front of the station on the left and a little further around the corner on the right)
- get off the tram at the stop "Universität" after about 7 min
- the university campus is on the right in the direction of travel
- the white building with the bricks, which you can already see from the tram stop, is building 07, where our institute is located.
Accommodation and further
If you have any questions, please contact the Institute's secretariat. There they can help you with any questions you may have.